No products in the cart.
The best kind of noodles for this recipe are the thick Chinese Miki “Pre-Cooked” noodles. They are fresh and found in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores, sometimes vacuum packed in a block. It says right on them that they are “pre-cooked” but I find that they need to be cooked, even just for a minute or so to loosen them up.
Feel free to substitute any noodle you like, just make sure you cook the noodles “al-dente” and choose a noodle that will hold up to a stir-fry. I find that Soba noodles work well, I like this brand, or sometimes I will use wide rice noodles, undercooked.
This recipe is “veggie-heavy”. In other words, there is a disproportionate amount of veggies to noodles. Also, I made the sauce in this recipe very light in flavour and in amount. I wanted to be able to taste the veggies and not be overpowered by a goopy unhealthy stir-fry sauce. Feel free to double the sauce if you like a stronger taste or need a little gravy.
1-2-3 Veggie Stir Fried Noodles
- About 300-400 grams of fresh thick Chinese wheat noodles or any noodle you like
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 cloves cloves garlic minced
- 6-8 mushrooms sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper julienned
- 1 carrot julienned
- Big handful of snow peas ends removed
- 3-4 cups baby spinach
For the Sauce
- 2 tbsp low sodium tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 tsp sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- ½ tsp Asian hot sauce I use sriracha
- A little water to swish in the empty sauce bowl once the sauce had been poured into the stir-fry
- In a small bowl mix together all the sauce ingredients, set aside.
- If you are using Chinese Miki Precooked Noodles: Unwrap the noodles and place in a bowl with warm water. Using your fingers, loosen them so that they separate, be gentle. Bring a pot of water to boil and boil the noodles for 1-2 minute. Drain and rinse, set aside. They do not need to be freshly cooked when you stir fry them (see step 4).
- In a wok or large fry pan, heat oil, add the garlic and sauté for less than 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms, sauté for 2-3 minutes, add the peppers, sauté for 2 minutes, add carrots, sauté for 1 minute. Add the snow peas and spinach, sauté until the spinach is wilted.
- If the noodles have cooled and are sticky, run hot water through them. Add the cooked noodles, toss everything together.
- Add the sauce, swish a little water through the empty sauce bowl and add that to the stir-fry, toss until coated. Serve immediately.