No products in the cart.
I love cooking once and reaping the benefits all week. Lately, life has been so busy that having a grab-n-go lunch is the best way to keep me on track and fueling my body properly for what’s to come.
I love anything cauliflower, but add a little sweetness from almond flour and crunch from a hot fry-pan, ummm delicious.
I made a simple side salad that keeps for a few days in the fridge. Putting it all together makes for a high protein and veg complete lunch or light dinner.
4 Ingredient Cauliflower Fritters with Tomato, Cucumber and Chickpea Chop
For the Cauliflower Fritters
- 6 cups riced cauliflower, from a large cauliflower *
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- 2/3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
For the Chickpea Chopped Salad
- 16 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 baby cucumbers, diced
- 1 cup cooked (canned) chickpeas, drained and rinsed and roughly chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- To Make the Cauliflower Fritters: Steam the cauliflower rice on the stovetop for 8 minutes or in the microwave for 5 minutes. Let cool, Place on a kitchen towel and wring the cauliflower out as much as possible, the drier the better. Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cauliflower with the eggs, almond flour, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large fry pan over medium heat, add the oil.
- Using your hands, scoop and handful of cauliflower batter (you will have enough for 8 patties) and gently place it into the hot pan and then press to form a thick patty. Repeat until you have filled the pan with 5 or so patties. Cook for 1 minute, cover the pan (so the egg cooks) for 4-5 minutes, then uncover and let cook until the edges have browned, flip and repeat on the other side. Remove the fritters from the pan and place on a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- To Make the Chickpea Chopped Salad: Mix all the salad ingredients together.
- Pack the fritters and the salad into lunch size containers for an easy grab-n-go lunch.