No products in the cart.
Making your own plant milk is easy and nutritious, all you need is a blender and a nut milk bag (I like this one).
Plant milk is an incredible nutrient-rich dairy alternative and can be enjoyed in teas, and shakes or on your oats!
Basic Plant Milks and Strawberry Variation
- 1 cups nuts, hemp, oats or seeds soaked for 4 hours or more
- 4 cups water
- 5 medjool dates pitted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or ½ vanilla bean skin and seeds
- ⅛ tsp fine grain sea salt
- Strain and rinse the soaked nuts/seeds/oats/hemp well in cold water.
- Place the nuts/seeds/oats/hemp, etc and 4 cups of cold water in blender (I measure the water first using the measurements on the blender and then place the nuts/seeds/oats/hemp, etc in with the water). Blend on high for 3 minutes if using a regular blender, if using the Vita-mix blender, 30 seconds is enough. Stain through a Nut Mylk bag (squeeze the bag a little to get all the liquid through) or strain in a fine mesh strainer, pushing it through with a spoon or a spatula.
- Place the strained Mylk back in the blender with the dates, vanilla and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a large mason jar.
STRAWBERRY PLANT MILKMake a batch of this and you will feel so amazing drinking it. A decadent treat without sugar, additives or artificial flavours. It will last 3 days in your fridge. INGREDIENTS 1 batch basic plant milk
3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and cleaned DIRECTIONS Place the strained Basic Plant Milk back in the blender with the strawberries, blend until smooth.