No products in the cart.
A very simple dish that’s also a huge crowd pleaser? Yes please! I make this almost every time I have a large group coming for dinner. You can cut the sweet potatoes a day ahead and you can bake them hours in advance, just leave them on the cookie sheets in the oven (off of course), and then reheat quickly. Make the avocado dip ahead too! Just watch out for discolouring – I have found that the best way to preserve it is by placing it into a bowl or container, smoothing out the top and covering the top with a thin layer of water, no oxygen will get in. When you are ready to use it, just tip off the water and voila, you have bright green avo dip! You’re welcome 😉
Chipotle Spiked Sweet Potato Wedges with Creamy Avo Dip
For the Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes peeled
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil separated
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
For the Avocado Dip
- 2 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup full fat plain yogurt I like SKYR yogurt because it is lactose free or I use vegan coconut yogurt
- 2 tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- For the Sweet Potatoes: Preheat the oven to 400˚F convection.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges, place on 2 parchment lined cookie sheets, drizzle evenly with olive oil and toss. Sprinkle with smoked paprika, chipotle powder and salt, toss again. Spread potatoes in a single layer making sure there is plenty of room for the potatoes to crisp evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until brown and crisp around the edges.
- In the meantime make the Avocado Dip: Place the flesh of the avocados in the bowl of a food processor, add the yogurt and lime juice, process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor. Taste, add salt, mix again, taste, add more salt or lime juice.