No products in the cart.
These gooey seed bars are the perfect energy bar. They are sweet without refined sugar, full of good seeds and fats and sure hits the spot when you need it!
Date, Almond and Seed Bars
- 1 cup cup dates, about 12
- 2-3 tbsp date soaking water
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seed butter (40g)
- 2 tbsp almond butter (40g)
- 3 tbsp tahini (40g)
- 1 cup seed mixture* *Seed Mixture Ideas (mix together any of these seeds in any combination, store in the fridge or freezer and use as needed for these bars or to sprinkle on yoghurt, cookies, bars, granola, cereal, smoothies) Hemp
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 tbsp unsweetened grated coconut
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper along the width.
- In a small bowl cover, the dates with boiling water just to cover, soak for 10-15 minutes.
- In a food processor roughly chop the almonds, empty into a large mixing bowl.
- Remove the pits from the dates and place the date flesh in the processor with 2-3 tbsp. of the date soaking liquid, process until chopped and smoother, add the sunflower seed butter, almond butter and tahini, process until smooth. Transfer to the bowl with the almonds, add the seed mixture and salt, mix well.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared loaf pan, press the mixture firmly into the pan. Sprinkle the top with coconut and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Using the parchment paper to help you, remove the solid bar mixture from the pan and cut into 8 bars in the width. You can cut each bar into half if you like.
- Store in the fridge.