No products in the cart.
This is an all-star super easy take on a Caesar salad. It is perfect for mid-week when you are in a rush, haven’t prepped anything and literally want to make an easy salad right into the salad bowl. It’s a riff on a Caesar and one that you will love. I use those little baby gem lettuces that need no babysitting or to be fussed with.
Deconstruted Caesar Salad
- About 20-30 small romaine leaves*
- About 2 cups shaved parmesan Reggiano
- Kosher or Maldon salt
- Plenty of freshly ground coarse pepper
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white or apple balsamic
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Lay the lettuce leaves on a platter.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the leaves (you won’t need it all, save it for a few days.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the dressed leaves.
- Sprinkle with the shaved parmesan cheese.
*I’m not a big fan of washing lettuce. I buy the organic box of washed romaine leaves or those little baby gems. They are more expensive than buying a head of romaine, but I justify it by saying that my time is more valuable! (and that I am only using the smaller inner leaves)!