No products in the cart.
An oldie but a goodie! Don’t you love those recipes that you keep coming back to? I’ve been teaching and making this salad for years because it is the perfect accompaniment to almost any meal or gathering.
This salad is incredibly delicious and super versatile. It goes with almost any meal. It is a great salad to bring to a pot luck lunch or dinner, you will be the party favourite for sure! It also keeps very well for 3 days, dressed! Right now is the perfect time to make it. The tomatoes are in full bloom, shape and colour. Use all different colour peppers and of course fresh corn. It is a very easy salad to play with according to your tastes and what you have in your fridge or pantry. The dressing is phenomenal and can be used for leafy salads as well.
- 2 cups of frozen shelled edamame beans
- 2 ears of corn, niblets removed about 1½ -2 cups or 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 red, yellow, or orange pepper diced small
- 2 carrots shredded
- 3 hearts of palm from a can (about ½ of a can) cut hearts into rounds
- 2 green onions cut in small rounds
- 24 cherry tomatoes cut in half or 2 large tomatoes cut in small pieces
- 1 romaine heart about 6-8 crispy leaves, chopped thinly
- 2 baby cucumber diced
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup neutral oil such as sunflower, grapeseed or avocado
- 2 tbsp low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp mirin or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add a big pinch of salt.
- Add frozen edamame beans, boil for about 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add the corn to the boiling water with the edamame beans when there is one minute of cooking time left (it cooks very fast).
- Drain and allow the beans and corn to cool.
- Toss together all the salad ingredients in a large serving bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a medium-size bowl and toss with salad.