No products in the cart.
There are so many deliciously complex
Fresh Tofu Tangled Between Crispy Brussels Sprouts and Sesame Soba
- 8 ounces soba noodles
Nutty Sesame Sauce
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp light tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- Juice of 1 lime
For the Tofu
- 1 package approximately 1 pound/454g of firm or extra firm tofu I like Wildwood Organics Sprout Tofu
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup tamari
- ¼ cup water
- 1½ tbsp grape seed oil
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds I like a mix of black and white
For the Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tbsp cilantro, optional
- 1 red chili pepper sliced in rounds
- Shred the brussels sprouts using the slicer on the food processor or slice them thinly with a knife. You can also buy shredded brussels sprouts. Place them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and drizzle with the oil, toss. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and crispy.In the meantime, cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- In a shallow dish, mix the apple cider vinegar, tamari, water, oil, and sesame seeds. Place the tofu cubes into the shallow bowl with the marinade. Allow to marinate while you cook the soba noodles.
- Cook the soba according to package directions and rinse in cold water once cooked.
- Make the Nutty Sesame Sauce. Whisk all of the ingredients together with a small bowl. Pour over the noodles and toss to combine.
- Divide soba between 4 bowls.
- Drain the tofu and divide between the four bowls. Divide the crispy brussels sprouts between the four bowls.
- Sprinkle each bowl with cilantro and sliced chili peppers.