No products in the cart.
Apple crisp is comfort food! This crisp truly showcases the sweet, warm flavours fall has to offer, but without all the usual guilt. I use an assortment of apples to achieve an array of flavours and textures, and a mixture of oats and nuts to achieve a healthier crisp.
Kick-the-Sugar 10-Minute No-Bake Clean Apple Crisp
- 4 4-ounce ramekins
- ½ cup large flake rolled oats
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil room temp
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 peeled apples cut into small cubes, or thin slices
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- Tiny pinch of sea salt
- 4 doloops of SKYR plain lactose free yogurt, Non-dairy plain yogurt, or any yogurt of your choice
- In a small fry pan, on medium heat, toast the chopped pecans for 2-3 minutes, add the oats and continue toasting for 2-3 minutes longer, transfer to a plate or bowl. Place the pan back on the heat for step 2.
- Add the coconut sugar (for the filling) and water to the pan and let warm for 2 minutes, add the chopped apples, turn the heat up a little and sauté the apples with the sugar for 2 minutes, turn the heat down to med low and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the apples are fork tender but don’t let the coconut sugar burn. Remove from the heat and distribute the apples between the 4 ramekins.
- Add the almond flour, coconut oil and maple syrup to the oat-pecan mixture and using your fingers, massage all the ingredients together so that everything is uniform.
- Top each apple filled ramekin with an even amount of oat mixture, enjoy warm!
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of cinnamon.