No products in the cart.
Have you ever tried Konjac Noodles? They are naturally gluten-free, high in fiber and almost zero calories. They are made from the konjac plant. They have a great chew to them and are a great replacement for pasta. Feel free to make this recipe with regular cooked ramen noodles if you want. This is a one-bow-meal that is perfect for the weeknight. I do a lot of meal prepping on Sundays and make the Turkey Kale Meatballs almost every week, so it was natural for me to use them here. If you have not made them or want to add some other protein in this bowl, go for it. I love this with cooked chicken, cooked or raw tofu, cooked shrimps or thinly sliced rare steak.
Some people complain that they get a bloated feeling from konjac noodles because of the high fiber content, just make sure you are drinking plenty of water, which you should be doing anyway ;).
Konjac Ramen Bowls with Turkey Kale Meat Balls
- 1 385g/14 ounce Konjac noodles I like the thick “ramen” like size
- 2-3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 onion cut in half and then sliced in ½ moons
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 package enoki mushrooms
- ¼ – ⅓ napa cabage
- ¾ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 6 Turkey Kale Meatballs
- ½ avocado sliced
- 2 green onions sliced on a diagonal
- 1 red chili pepper sliced thinly
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Using a large strainer, strain the noodles well in warm water, set aside.
- Remove the root end from the enoki mushrooms and break them apart, set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil, add the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the salt and turmeric. Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté until soft and golden in spots. Add the enoki mushrooms, breaking them apart as you toss. Sauté for 1 minute, add the napa cabbage, chicken or vegetable broth and coconut aminos. Sauté until the cabbage is soft.
- Add the noodles and toss to incorporate.
- Distribute the mixture evenly in two bowls and top with Turkey Kale Meatballs, avocado, green onion, chili peppers, and sesame oil. Enjoy.