No products in the cart.
Did you know that I am tahini obsessed? Well I am, and I also love halvah. These bars give you all the halvah feels without the sugar.
While the winter is still in full swing and many of us are enjoying the outdoors, I find I need a hearty trail bar. When I ski, I pack this in my pocket and it really hits the spot around lunch time. Or take this right out of the fridge or freezer and take it with you on a long walk or hike. It is full of protein and nutrients. These bars are super easy to make and don’t require any cooking. Keep them in the fridge individually wrapped and just grab and go!
No-Bake Salted Tahini Fudge Trail Bars
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- ⅓ cup flax meal
- ½ cup almonds
- ¾ cup large flake oats
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup roughly chopped chocolate of your choice
For the Top
- 3-4 tbsp. melted chocolate
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped nuts (I use almonds)
- 2-3 pinches flakey sea salt, I use Maldon
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Leave a little overhang on the two long sides.
- In a food processor pulse together the dates with the flax and almonds until fine crumbs, transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the oats, tahini, salt, honey, coconut oil and chopped chocolate. Press into the prepared pan. Refrigerate for several hours.
- Drizzle the chocolate over top and scatter the chopped nuts. Refrigerate until the chocolate has solidified a little (10 minutes or so) and then sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
- Remove from the loaf pan and cut into bars. Store bars in the fridge or freezer, they are soft at room temp.