No products in the cart.
This combination of creamy ricotta cheese, sweet peaches and tangy tomatoes is perfection!
I use a delicious artisanal sourdough bread, oil it and lightly grill it.
It’s a delicious summer appetizer or a light lunch or even breakfast! And feel free to amp this up with a thin slice of prosciutto – yum!! Be sure to add the coarse pepper – it really balances the flavours. Enjoy!!
Peach, Tomato and Ricotta Crostini
- 4 slices or ciabatta or sourdough bread
- Olive oil for the bread
- About ¾ cup fresh ricotta (preferably sheep's milk)
- 1 ripe peach
- 1 ripe tomato
- Drizzle of honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Coarse sea salt I like Maldon
- Brush the bread slices with olive oil.
- Preheat the grill and grill the bread slices on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon about 2-3 tablespoon ricotta onto each toast.
- Halve, pit, and thinly slice peach. Slice the tomato.
- Layer with peaches and tomato slices.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinke with pepper and coarse salt.