No products in the cart.
Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Loaded with Veggies
This dish is the perfect weeknight meal. It is so simple to make and the whole family will love it. It is AIP, Paleo, Gluten-free and nothing short of delicious.
I like using chicken thighs for this recipe. They are indestructible, they stay super juicy and do really well with the lemon marinade. If you are more of a white meat eater, substitute the six thighs for four breasts.
I originally wrote this recipe for a class I was doing on AIP Paleo-friendly dinner recipes where all nightshade vegetables are to be avoided. However, if you are not following the AIP paleo diet, feel free to swap any of the vegetables below for some sliced onion, sliced eggplant, or white potato.
Sheet Pan Greek Chicken
- 6 bone in, skin on chicken thighs or 4 bone in, skin on chicken breasts
- 1 head garlic YES, a whole head of garlic!
- 6 Brussels sprouts
- 1 green or yellow zucchini
- 1 acorn squash unpeeled or 1 sweet potato, peeled or half of each
- ¼ cup black kalamata olives
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
For the marinade
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Plenty of freshly ground pepper
- Additional olive oil, salt and pepper
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a zip top bag.
- Place the chicken pieces in the zip top bag with the marinade. Let marinade for 45 min at room temperature or up to 12 hours in the fridge. If you are marinating it in the fridge, bring it to room temperature for 45 minutes before cooking it.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, preheat the oven to 375˚F Convection Roast, Convection or 400˚F Regular Bake.
- Cut the head of garlic in half through the circumference so that the cloves of garlic are exposed on both halves, place on a cookie sheet.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half, place on the sheet. Cut the zucchini into 4-5 large chunks on an angle.
- Cut the acorn squash or sweet potato in wedges. Place on the sheet.
- Place the olives, lemon wedges and red onion wedges on the sheet.
- Drizzle additional olive oil all over the veggies, toss to coat and arrange on the sheet so that all the veggies are mixed up.
- Arrange the chicken pieces amongst the vegetables. Pour the marinade in the bag all over the chicken and veggies.
- Sprinkle everything with additional salt and plenty of freshly ground pepper.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the skin on the chicken is deeply coloured.