No products in the cart.
This is a one-skillet meal that everyone will love! Get organized because the whole meal cooks in 20 minutes (once the potatoes are boiled).
pan roasted steak, smashed potatoes with charred broccoli with salsa verde
This is a one skillet meal that everyone will love! Get organized because the whole meal cooks in 20 minutes (once the potatoes are boiled).
For the Salsa Verde
- 2-3 tbsp minced shallot
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅓ cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped capers
- less than 1 tbsp chopped jalapeno or red chili pepper
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Steak, Potato and Broccoli
- 1½ lbs NY strip steak or flat iron steak
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 head broccoli, broken into florets
- 12 baby potatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Remove the steaks from the fridge 1 hour before cooking.
- Cook the potatoes: Place the potatoes in a medium size pot, fill with water, turn the heat on and cook for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain and set aside to cool. Once cooled, with the heel of your hand, press each potato to smash it down a little, set aside.
- In the meantime make the Salsa Verde by mixing all the ingredients together, set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet to medium, also find a lid that will fit (if you don’t have one, a cookie sheet will do).
- Season the steak(s) generously with kosher salt and pepper, pressing the seasoning into the steak.
- Add 1 tbsp. oil to the pan, sear the steak(s) and cook for 5 minutes, flip, repeat, remove the steaks to a platter and cover with foil.
- Return the pan to the heat. Add 2 tbsp. of oil to the pan, add the smashed potatoes, cook undisturbed for 2 minutes, flip and repeat. Transfer to the platter with the steak(s), cover with foil.
- Return the pan to the heat, add the last 2 tbsp. oil, add the broccoli, toss to coat, cook undisturbed for 2 minutes, toss, cook for another 2 minutes, add 2 tbsp. water, quickly cover the pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until the broccoli is crisp.
- Slice the steak in 1⁄2 inch slices and serve with potatoes and broccoli.