No products in the cart.
This incredible high fibre and amazingly textured English muffin are a delicious and easy go-to for breakfast, lunch or even a mid-meal snack! Put on some Green Pea Almond Super Spread, DeliciousDish, hummus, almond butter or enjoy on its own! If you have any trouble at all going to the bathroom – this will be sure to get things going….The good fats from the chia and flax are also incredible for glowing skin, and the coconut oil is great for keeping your metabolism and in tip-top shape!
When shopping for ground flaxseed, try to find the one that is coarsely or stone-ground (I like this brand) rather than flax seed powder (the kind you would put into a smoothie). The power will not give you the results you want, the coarsely ground stuff will!
All nuts and seeds should be stored in the fridge or freezer!
These are freezer friendly, make sure you slice them open first, freeze and toast right from frozen. I like to double this recipe and make it in a Muffin Top Tin and they make 12 perfectly shaped English Muffins.
Super Seed English Muffins
- 4 oz/1 heaping cup ground flax seed
- 1 oz/3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp 1 tsp. fine grain sea salt
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1½ tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp water
For the Top
- 2 tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or grease a 6-cavity Muffin Top pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the ground flax seed, chia, baking soda, and sea salt.Add the eggs, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, melted coconut oil, and water. Using a fork, stir well.
- Wait 2-3 minutes, stir again (the chia binds together). Let this mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- Spoon 6 even mounds of batter on the prepared cookie sheet (or muffin top pan). Pat the tops down so that they will resemble an English muffin when baked (a little less than 4” in diameter).
- Sprinkle the tops evenly with the sunflower seeds, poppy seeds, and hemp hearts.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops spring back, remove from the oven and let cool.
- When cool, slice in half (like an English muffin).