No products in the cart.
The Incredibly Decadent Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Brookie
What is a brookie you ask?
It is when two perfectly delicious desserts come together to form one stupendous confectionary. A marriage made in culinary heaven!
A luscious layer of fudge chocolaty brownie, festooned with dollops of creamy peanut butter and then topped with crispy and chewy chocolate chip cookie dough. Producing the most beautifully marbled sweet squares, you will ever eat.
If peanut butter is not your thing, feel free to leave it out or give the brownies a good drizzle of tahini instead.
If sweet things aren’t your thing, well, ya, you won’t like this 😉
Be careful, these are addictive, and your friends are going to want you to make them all the time. Sorry (not sorry) if this was not the Monday motivation you needed!
Incredibly Decadent Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Brookie
For the Brownie
- 1 cup/200 grams/7 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick/115 grams/4 ounces unsalted butter, cut up
- 3 Tbs./15 grams/½ ounce unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup/220 grams/7¾ ounces sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. kosher salt or ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup/130 grams/4½ ounces flour
- ½ cup/113 grams/4 ounces creamy peanut butter, optional
For the Cookie
- 1 stick/8 Tbs./115 grams/4oz.unsalted butter
- ½ cup /115 grams/4 ounces light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup/75 grams/2½ ounces granulated sugar
- 1½ cup/190 grams/6¾ all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. fine grain sea salt or ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup/5 ounces/160 grams chocolate chips
- ½ cup/60 grams/2 ounces chopped nuts, optional
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease (spray) a 9 by 9 inch square brownie tin. Line it with parchment paper.
- Make the Brownie: In a heatproof bowl, melt butter and chocolate in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stir using a whisk halfway through. Whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in cocoa, set aside.In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. Whisk in the cocoa mixture.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon, stir in the flour until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan, spread evenly.
- Dollop the peanut butter all over.
- Make the Cookie Top: Melt butter in a saucepan, take off heat, add sugars, whisk to combine well. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium size bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add egg to cooled butter/sugar mixture. Whisk a lot until the colour lightens a little. Add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture in the pot. Stir with a rubber spatula until just combined. Add chocolate and nuts (if using).
- Dollop the cookie batter all over the brownie top, almost like you are dropping cookies onto a sheet.
- Bake for 35-45 or until lightly browned. Let cool completely before unleashing and devouring (if you can wait).