No products in the cart.
These Brussels sprout chips are totally addictive, you and your family will love them.
The cheesy taste comes from the nutritional yeast. Nutritional yeast, also called “
Nutritional yeast is dairy-free and usually gluten-free. It is also low in fat and contains no sugar or soy.
Of course, Brussels Sprouts are an incredibly nutritious vegetable. Here is what Dr Jodi says about them…
“They are rich in antioxidants, phytonutrients, vitamins C, A, and E, and alkalizing minerals such as calcium, copper, iron, and manganese. They are also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin K which are essential for proper brain and nerve function and are vital for aiding cognitive issues. They are a great addition to anyone suffering from ADD, ADHD, and focus issues. This is a very creative way to get them into your kiddies!”
Bottom line, make a lot of these, they are delicious! If you double the recipe, use two cookie sheets and cook at 375˚F convection. You can also make a double or triple batch of the dry “nooch” mixture and use it when you need it. It is delicious on kale chips as well.
Vegan Cheesy Brussels Sprout Poppers
- 20 Brussels sprouts ends trimmed and outer damaged leaves removed
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 400˚F, arrange the oven rack to the middle position.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice each Brussel sprout into 4-5 slices (not quarters), and place on the cookie sheet, let some of the leaves separate and come loose.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with the olive oil, sprinkle with granulated garlic, salt and nutritional yeast.
- Bake for a total of 40-45 min, toss after 30 minutes.