No products in the cart.
Late February… here we are! Probably the hardest month of the year to motivate yourself to do anything. Even though I cook for a living, I still find it hard
This recipe is the perfect cure for the DPD!
Cooking mushrooms in parchment is easy and the steaming method of cooking in parchment helps to retain all the delicious mushroom flavour. Use a variety of mushrooms if possible. You can buy a package of mixed mushrooms at most grocery stores.
Weeknight Mushrooms in Parchment
- 1 340 gram package of mixed mushrooms left whole and rinsed in cold water
- ¼ tsp kosher salt or ⅛th tsp. sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 10 grams or 2 tsp. unsalted butter cut into little pieces
- 2 tsp or less mixed fresh herbs* or 1 tsp. dried herbs*
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- A stapler
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- On the work surface, place an 18-24-inch sheet of parchment paper lengthwise.
- Using the lower half of the parchment paper, place the mushrooms down in a circle .
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and herbs. Distribute the butter pieces evenly around the mushrooms. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the mushrooms.
- Fold the upper half of the parchment paper over the mushrooms (you should leave enough space around the food to allow the air to expand and circulate).
- Starting from the upper right corner, make a fold in the parchment, continue folding along the half moon with overlapping folds. You should be making very tight, closely overlapping little folds starting from one corner and work your way around, towards the opposite corner. Fold the last fold over it self and staple the last fold to itself and then staple a few of the folds along the parchment paper.
- Place the package on a baking tray and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Cut the package open and either slide the contents onto a plate or serve directly from the open parchment (you can cut away the top flap and staples).
*use whatever herbs you have on hand, I like thyme and rosemary. You can use a little dried thyme and rosemary leaves (not powdered).