No products in the cart.
This recipe is a take off of the traditional Italian Cacio E Pepe or cheese and pepper pasta recipe. I use spiralized zucchini in place of noodles. I have an inexpensive home spiralizer. You can find it at any kitchen store. Many grocery stores are now carrying spiralized zucchini and other vegetables. It is a fabulous pasta alternative! I serve this alongside a simple grilled or roasted chicken breast, lean steak or grilled shrimp.
Zucchini Cacio de Pepe
- 2 zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground medium coarse pepper
- Zest of one lemon
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large sauté pan or wok, heat oil until shimmering.
- Add garlic and cook on med high for 30 seconds.
- Add cherry tomato halves and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spiralized zucchini, salt and pepper and toss for 1-2 minutes, turn heat off.
- Add lemon zest and cheese, toss.
- Serve immediately.