No products in the cart.
Ever NEED a little treat but don’t want, or have the time, to make a cake or a batch of cookies? This mini, super-quick dessert is the perfect go-to for exactly those sweet-tooth moments.
The beauty of a “mug cake” is that it uses easy ingredients that you will have in your pantry and, after a little mix, you simply throw it in the microwave and – voila! – done! Very little prep is required and very little clean up too! Leaving more time to enjoy it and its chocolatey goodness!!
Tahini Banana Mug Cake
- 1 overly ripe banana
- 1 tbsp. melted fat, I use butter but melted coconut oil works well
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- 30 grams/ ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- About 30 grams or a small handful or chopped dark chocolate
- In a small bowl, mash the banana with a fork.
- Add the melted fat (butter, oil or coconut oil), maple syrup, tahini, egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Sprinkle in the flour, baking soda, salt and fold in.
- Add the chopped chocolate and fold.
- Pour into a 10-12 ounce mug.Bake on high for 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- Eat warm with a scoop of ice cream, drizzle of tahini or honey.