No products in the cart.
This salad will awaken your taste buds with its flavour and textures. It is a great addition to any Thai meal or summer BBQ. It is healthy, will cool your palate and goes with all spicy dishes and grilled proteins.
Just make sure you are using an UNderipe mango. A ripe mango is fibourous, too hard to cut and wont keep its shape. I also like to use these mangos:
Thai Green Mango Salad with Apple
- 2 under ripe mangos, peeled
- 1 green apple, not peeled
- 1-2 handfuls of bean sprouts
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Small handful of cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 green onion, sliced into 3-inch long slivers
- 1 long red chili or 2 bird chilis, sliced into thin rounds
- 10 Thai basil leaves, optional
- ¼ cup finely chopped salted peanuts
For the Dressing
- 3 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 -3 tsp. Sweet Chili Garlic Sauce, or a pinch of chili flakes ans a squeeze of honey
- Additional cilantro leaves
- Make the dressing first by mixing all the dressing ingredients together. Set aside.
- Using a mandolin or slicer with the julienne blade on, slice the mango into thin matchsticks, you can also do this by hand.
- Slice the apple the same way, place in a tossing bowl. Have a platter handy to present the salad.
- Add the bean sprouts, coconut, cilantro, green onion, chilis and basil leaves, if using.
- Drizzle the dressing over and gently toss.
- Arrange the salad piled on the small platter and sprinkle the peanuts on top and some additional cilantro.